Heading to the Bahamas? Here's what you need to know
Requirements for entering The Bahamas include:
Effective 1 November 2020, The Bahamas will require all travelers to:
- Obtain a COVID-19 RT PCR test five (5) days prior to arrival.
- Apply for a Bahamas Health Travel Visa at travel.gov.bs
- For the duration of the visit, complete a daily online health questionnaire for symptom tracking purposes.
- Take a COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test on Day 5 of the visit (unless departing on day 5).
- Always wear a mask and always social distance in public places.
In addition, beginning 14 November 2020, all visitors will be required to opt-in to mandatory COVID-19 health insurance when applying for their Health Travel Visa. The insurance will cover travellers for the duration of their stay in The Bahamas.
Specifics of the new protocols are as follows:
Prior to Travel:
1. COVID-19 RT-PCR Test
- All persons travelling to The Bahamas must obtain a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR (swab) test taken no more than five (5) days prior to the date of arrival.
- The name and address of the lab, where the test was performed, must be clearly displayed on the test result.
- Children age ten (10) and under.
- Pilots and crew of commercial airlines who remain overnight in The Bahamas.
2. Bahamas Health Travel Visa
- Once in possession of a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test result, apply for a Bahamas Health Travel Visa at TRAVEL.GOV.BS
- Click on the International Tab and upload test results and other required documents.
- Fees for the Bahamas Health Travel Visa, inclusive of Day 5 Rapid Antigen Test and mandatory health insurance, are as follows:
- $40 – Visitors staying up to four nights and five days.
- $40 – Citizens and returning residents.
- $60 – Visitors staying more than four nights.
- Free - Children 10 years and under
1. Comply with Monitoring Protocols:
- Any visitor who exhibits COVID symptoms at any time during their stay will be required to take a Rapid Antigen Test and receive a negative result before being permitted to continue with their vacation.
- If a person tests positive they will be required to follow up with a COVID-19 RT-PCR swab test.
2. Rapid COVID-19 Antigen Testing (if applicable):
- All persons who are staying in The Bahamas longer than four nights/five days will be required to take a rapid COVID-19 antigen test.
- All visitors departing on or before five days will not be required to obtain this test.
- The rapid tests are easy, quick and will yield results in 60 minutes or less with results being provided electronically via SMS text message and email.
- Hotel properties will provide relevant information on testing arrangements, while others will facilitate the required rapid test for their guests.
- All persons on yachts and other pleasure craft will be able to make arrangements for their required rapid tests at the port of entry or via the relevant website.
- All other visitors, returning residents and citizens will be able to make arrangements for their required rapid tests at the port of entry or via the relevant website.
Notwithstanding any health restrictions that may be implemented from time to time, all travelers abiding by these new protocols will be permitted to move about and explore the beauty and vibrant culture of The Bahamas beyond the confines of their hotel or other accommodations.
The Bahamas is an archipelago with more than 700 islands and cays, spread over 100,000 square miles, which means conditions and instances of the virus can be different on each of the 16 islands available to welcome visitors. Travelers should check the status of their island destination before travelling by visiting bahamas.com/travelupdates, where they can also review entry requirements applicable to each member of their party before booking a trip.
The Bahamas has remained diligent in its efforts to minimize the spread of COVID-19 throughout the islands, and these measures are imperative to ensure that remains the case. The health and wellbeing of both residents and visitors remain the number one priority of public health officials. It is important to note, however, that due to fluidity of the COVID-19 situation, both in The Bahamas and worldwide, protocols are subject to change.
Click here to download the latest information
Synergy Diagnostic Laboratory in Fort Lauderdale
Fast, reliable test results for our passengers traveling to all our destinations.
Online price for RT-PCR test is $139.
Enter the coupon code to receive 15% discount.
coupon code Aztec2020
Scan for easy appointment bookings
Synergy is located near 595 and 441
4081 SW 47 Avenue, Suite 3, Davie Florida 33314
BAHAMAS PRECLEARANCE CENTER
COVID 19 TESTSITE
We Care Family Clinic
8430 W Broward Blvd Ste 200
Plantation, FL 33324
Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 6:00pm
Saturday: 9:00am - 1:00pm
Ask about their concierge service
Results: 24/48 hours
Inspire Palm Beach
1803 S. Australian Ave.
West Palm Beach, FL 33409
Call for appt: 561-377-8772
Results in 48-72 hours - $150
Concierge Service: We will travel to your group at no charge
Mention “Aztec” and receive a 10% discount
Access Medical Labs
5151 Corporate Way
Jupiter, FL 33488
For appt: accessmedlab.com/blooddraw
Results in 24-48 hours $129
Mobile unit available $129 travel fee
1425-A SE 17th St.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
No appointment necessary
Results within 12-24 Hrs. $179
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am - 2:00pm
ARCpoint Labs of Fort Lauderdale Central
Price for RT-PCR guaranteed delivery in 12-24 hours is $199:
Price for RT-PCR guaranteed delivery in less than 6 hours is $249:
Use the following code for a 10% discount: AZTEC10
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Tuesday, Thursday: 8:30am - 6:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
ARCpoint is located on the corner of I-95 and Oakland Park Blvd (< 2 miles from FXE)
3221 NW 10th Terrace, Suite 508, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
Mobile testing, including blood draws and wellness tests, is available for all tests.
CANCELLATION FEES: If you cancel or or if you fail to travel on the flight, your right to receive a refund is limited. Your right to a refund is set forth below:
If you need to cancel your flight, call us at 954-601-3742.
|If your notice is received:
||You will be charged:
|More than 30 days before departure
|14-30 days before departure
|7-13 days before departure
|2-6 days before departure
|Within 48 hours of departure
|Within 24 hours of the booking date
Due to the nature of air travel in island countries, we recommend that you purchase travel insurance in advance of making your reservation and ticket purchase.
We also recommend Starr Companies’ Travel Insurance & Assistance whose customer service representatives can discuss the best travel insurance policy for your upcoming trip. They may be contacted at 866-477-6741 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Links to this or any other insurance company website or other resources are given as a convenience to our customers.