Heading to the Bahamas? Here's what you need to know
PRIOR TO DEPARTING FOR THE BAHAMAS:
*NOTE: testing requirements have changed for vaccinated travelers.
Bahamas Travel Health Visa Application – All persons travelling to The Bahamas, and those travelling inter-island, must apply for a Bahamas Travel Health Visa at travel.gov.bs.
- Effective May 1st, 2021, visitors travelling TO the Bahamas from other countries who are fully vaccinated and have passed the two-week immunity period will be exempted from COVID-19 testing requirements for entry and inter-island travel.
The Bahamas Travel Health Visa portal has been adapted to incorporate the upload of proof of vaccination (Vaccination Record Card) in place of the PCR test results. For now:
- Select PCR test and then upload their Vaccination Record Card in lieu of the test; and
- Write ‘fully vaccinated’ in spaces requesting details of your PCR test.
Effective immediately, a Bahamas citizen or resident who is fully vaccinated – after receiving their second dose - will be exempted from COVID-19 testing requirements when travelling inter-island from New Providence, Grand Bahama, Abaco, Exuma and Eleuthera.
- Unvaccinated travellers entering The Bahamas and/or those travelling inter-island from Nassau & Paradise Island, Grand Bahama Island, Abaco, Eleuthera or Harbour Island, must obtain a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR (swab) test taken no more than 5 days prior to the date of arrival.
- Test must return a negative result for entry into The Bahamas.
- Children 10 and under, and pilots and crew of commercial airlines who remain overnight in The Bahamas are not required to take a test.
- Negative PCR test results must be uploaded in order to complete a Bahamas Travel Health Visa application and must be presented upon arrival in The Bahamas.
- Any person presenting test results older than 5 days will not be allowed entry into The Bahamas.
VACCINATED TRAVELLERS: Fully vaccinated travellers will be required to upload proof of vaccination (Vaccination Record Card) confirming they have passed the two-week immunity period. The name on the Vaccination Record Card must match the name on the traveller’s passport.
UNVACCINATED TRAVELLERS: Once in possession of a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test, travellers can apply for their required Bahamas Travel Health Visa at travel.gov.bs. (Click on International Tab)
APPLICABLE TO ALL TRAVELLERS:
- As part of the Bahamas Travel Health Visa application, travellers will be required to opt-in to COVID-19 health insurance that covers them for the duration of their stay in The Bahamas. The cost of insurance is included in the Bahamas Travel Health Visa application fee.
- The Bahamas Travel Health Visa applications take up to 48 hours to process and should be completed with adequate lead time.
- The cost of the Bahamas Travel Health Visa is dependent on length of stay.
- All travellers eighteen (18) years of age and older are required to complete an individual Bahamas Travel Health Visa.
- Persons seventeen (17) years and younger are to add a profile within the account of their parent or guardian.
BAHAMIAN CITIZENS/BAHAMAS RESIDENTS:
- Unvaccinated Bahamian citizens or residents planning to travel abroad for five (5) days or less must secure a test in the destination they visited before travelling back to The Bahamas. Any RT-PCR test taken in The Bahamas prior to travel will not be valid for re-entry.
Notwithstanding any health restrictions that may be implemented from time to time, all travelers abiding by these new protocols will be permitted to move about and explore the beauty and vibrant culture of The Bahamas beyond the confines of their hotel or other accommodations.
The Bahamas is an archipelago with more than 700 islands and cays, spread over 100,000 square miles, which means conditions and instances of the virus can be different on each of the 16 islands available to welcome visitors. Travelers should check the status of their island destination before travelling by visiting bahamas.com/travelupdates, where they can also review entry requirements applicable to each member of their party before booking a trip.
The Bahamas has remained diligent in its efforts to minimize the spread of COVID-19 throughout the islands, and these measures are imperative to ensure that remains the case. The health and wellbeing of both residents and visitors remain the number one priority of public health officials. It is important to note, however, that due to fluidity of the COVID-19 situation, both in The Bahamas and worldwide, protocols are subject to change.
Click here to download the latest information
Synergy Diagnostic Laboratory in Fort Lauderdale
Fast, reliable test results for our passengers traveling to all our destinations.
Online price for RT-PCR test is $139.
Enter the coupon code to receive 15% discount.
coupon code Aztec2020
Scan for easy appointment bookings
Synergy is located near 595 and 441
4081 SW 47 Avenue, Suite 3, Davie Florida 33314
BAHAMAS PRECLEARANCE CENTER
COVID 19 TESTSITE
We Care Family Clinic
8430 W Broward Blvd Ste 200
Plantation, FL 33324
Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 6:00pm
Saturday: 9:00am - 1:00pm
Ask about their concierge service
Results: 24/48 hours
Inspire Palm Beach
1803 S. Australian Ave.
West Palm Beach, FL 33409
Call for appt: 561-377-8772
Results in 48-72 hours - $150
Concierge Service: We will travel to your group at no charge
Mention “Aztec” and receive a 10% discount
Access Medical Labs
5151 Corporate Way
Jupiter, FL 33488
For appt: accessmedlab.com/blooddraw
Results in 24-48 hours $129
Mobile unit available $129 travel fee
1425-A SE 17th St.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
No appointment necessary
Results within 12-24 Hrs. $179
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am - 2:00pm
ARCpoint Labs of Fort Lauderdale Central
Prices for RT-PCR guaranteed delivery in:
48 hours is $149
24 hours is $199
6 hours is $249
Schedule here: https://aztecairways.timetap.com
Use the following code for a 10% discount: AZTEC10
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Tuesday, Thursday: 8:30am - 6:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
ARCpoint is located on the corner of I-95 and Oakland Park Blvd (< 2 miles from FXE)
3221 NW 10th Terrace, Suite 508, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
Mobile testing, including blood draws and wellness tests, is available for all tests.
CANCELLATION FEES: If you cancel or or if you fail to travel on the flight, your right to receive a refund is limited. Your right to a refund is set forth below:
If you need to cancel your flight, call us at 954-601-3742.
|If your notice is received:
||You will be charged:
|More than 30 days before departure
|14-30 days before departure
|7-13 days before departure
|2-6 days before departure
|Within 48 hours of departure
|Within 24 hours of the booking date
Due to the nature of air travel in island countries, we recommend that you purchase travel insurance in advance of making your reservation and ticket purchase.
We also recommend Starr Companies’ Travel Insurance & Assistance whose customer service representatives can discuss the best travel insurance policy for your upcoming trip. They may be contacted at 866-477-6741 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Links to this or any other insurance company website or other resources are given as a convenience to our customers.