Heading to the Bahamas? Here's what you need to know
International Travel Protocols:
- Every person traveling to The Bahamas is required to create a profile, submit an international trip
application, be accepted, then purchase the Travel Health Visa in order to receive the approved
Health Visa for their trip to The Bahamas. This document is to be presented to airline agents/pilots
and boat captains/operators before boarding takes place.
- Unvaccinated Travelers are required to take a RT-PCR COVID-19 test that has been administered by
an accredited lab, within 5 days of the arrival date, to apply for an International Trip Application.
Fully Vaccinated Travelers will be required to upload their Vaccination Card along with a negative RTPCR Test result or a Rapid Antigen Test result during The Bahamas Travel Health Visa trip application
process. They can submit their vaccination card once they have received the required doses of the
COVID-19 Vaccine administered to them. Travelers must also be past the 2 week immunity period to
apply using a vaccination card.
- All children between the ages of 2 - 11 years old, who will be entering The Bahamas, will be required
to upload a negative COVID-19 test result (Rapid Antigen or RT-PCR), within 5 days before travel.
- Children younger than 2 years old, or pilots and crew of a commercial airline who are not staying
more than one night in The Bahamas are exempt from the RT-PCR COVID-19 test/Vaccination Card
- A traveler entering The Bahamas by sea must have a valid international Travel Health Visa issued by
The Bahamas Travel Health Visa Website and must stop at the port of entry at the intended island
destination and give the local authority a copy of their negative RT-PCR COVID-19 test or proof of full
- A Travel Health Visa is valid for 5 days from the day you arrive in The Bahamas.
- The results of a RT-PCR COVID-19 test is valid for a period of 5 days from the date the test was taken.
- A Travel Health Visa is not required to depart from The Bahamas to a foreign country.
- Any person traveling by sea whether on a commercial or personal vessel for a period of longer than 5
days must prove at their point of entry into The Bahamas that their RT-PCR COVID 19 test result was
valid at the time of their departure and that the trip was direct with no prior stops.
- Any person who is not fully vaccinated and enters The Bahamas or travels inter-island from New
Providence, is required to undergo a rapid antigen test on the 5th day after their arrival.
- A person who is out at sea on the 5th day of their stay, is required to undergo their Day-5 rapid
antigen test at the first port of call.
- A person that tests positive on their Day-5 rapid antigen test, will be required to take a RT-PCR COVID-19
test and must “vacation in place” until the results of the RT-PCR COVID-19 test are returned. If the
RT-PCR COVID 19 test also returns a positive result, then the traveler must submit to a mandatory
14-day quarantine or until the traveler tests negative with a RT-PCR COVID 19 test. Exemptions are
made only for critical medical emergencies.
- A person who fails to undergo a COVID-19 rapid antigen test is committing an offence and is liable to
a fine of $1000 or one month imprisonment.
- Persons who have entered The Bahamas that exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days of their
arrival will be required to undergo a COVID 19 rapid antigen test.
- If a person displaying symptoms tests positive with a rapid antigen test, that person will be required
to take a RT-PCR COVID 19 test.
- A person who refuses to take a rapid antigen test when displaying symptoms of COVID-19 or refuses
to be tested further with a RT-PCR COVID-19 test, commits an offence and is liable to a fine of $1000.
- If a traveler is required to submit to mandatory quarantine, they must follow the protocols issued
to them by the Travel Compliance Unit. The traveler will either be instructed to quarantine in place
or, if appropriate, at a facility determined by the Ministry of Health for a period of 14 days or until the
traveler tests negative with a RT-PCR COVID 19 test. A traveler under mandatory quarantine may be
subject to additional protocols established by the Ministry of Health.
Note: a hotel room is an appropriate facility for quarantine.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
- As a condition of entry into The Bahamas, all travelers agree to the completion of a daily health survey
for a period of 14 days or for the duration of that travelers stay in The Bahamas if the trip is less than 14
days. Travelers under mandatory quarantine also agree to monitoring by the COVID-19 Enforcement
Unit which is comprised of health officers, officers of the Royal Bahamas Police Force as authorized
by the competent authority, and by unscheduled visits by the Royal Bahamas Police Force
Notwithstanding any health restrictions that may be implemented from time to time, all travelers abiding by these new protocols will be permitted to move about and explore the beauty and vibrant culture of The Bahamas beyond the confines of their hotel or other accommodations.
The Bahamas is an archipelago with more than 700 islands and cays, spread over 100,000 square miles, which means conditions and instances of the virus can be different on each of the 16 islands available to welcome visitors. Travelers should check the status of their island destination before travelling by visiting bahamas.com/travelupdates, where they can also review entry requirements applicable to each member of their party before booking a trip.
The Bahamas has remained diligent in its efforts to minimize the spread of COVID-19 throughout the islands, and these measures are imperative to ensure that remains the case. The health and wellbeing of both residents and visitors remain the number one priority of public health officials. It is important to note, however, that due to fluidity of the COVID-19 situation, both in The Bahamas and worldwide, protocols are subject to change.
Click here to download the latest information
Synergy Diagnostic Laboratory in Fort Lauderdale
Fast, reliable test results for our passengers traveling to all our destinations.
Online price for RT-PCR test is $139.
Enter the coupon code to receive 15% discount.
coupon code Aztec2020
Scan for easy appointment bookings
Synergy is located near 595 and 441
4081 SW 47 Avenue, Suite 3, Davie Florida 33314
BAHAMAS PRECLEARANCE CENTER
COVID 19 TESTSITE
We Care Family Clinic
8430 W Broward Blvd Ste 200
Plantation, FL 33324
Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 6:00pm
Saturday: 9:00am - 1:00pm
Ask about their concierge service
Results: 24/48 hours
Inspire Palm Beach
1803 S. Australian Ave.
West Palm Beach, FL 33409
Call for appt: 561-377-8772
Results in 48-72 hours - $150
Concierge Service: We will travel to your group at no charge
Mention “Aztec” and receive a 10% discount
Access Medical Labs
5151 Corporate Way
Jupiter, FL 33488
For appt: accessmedlab.com/blooddraw
Results in 24-48 hours $129
Mobile unit available $129 travel fee
1425-A SE 17th St.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
No appointment necessary
Results within 12-24 Hrs. $179
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am - 2:00pm
ARCpoint Labs of Fort Lauderdale Central
Prices for RT-PCR guaranteed delivery in:
- 48 hours is $149
- 24 hours is $199
- 6 hours is $249
Schedule here: https://aztecairways.timetap.com
Use the following code for a 10% discount: AZTEC10
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Tuesday, Thursday: 8:30am - 6:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
ARCpoint is located on the corner of I-95 and Oakland Park Blvd (< 2 miles from FXE)
3221 NW 10th Terrace, Suite 508, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
Mobile testing, including blood draws and wellness tests, is available for all tests.
CANCELLATION FEES: If you cancel or or if you fail to travel on the flight, your right to receive a refund is limited. Your right to a refund is set forth below:
If you need to cancel your flight, call us at 954-601-3742.
|If your notice is received:
||You will be charged:
|More than 30 days before departure
|14-30 days before departure
|7-13 days before departure
|2-6 days before departure
|Within 48 hours of departure
|Within 24 hours of the booking date
Due to the nature of air travel in island countries, we recommend that you purchase travel insurance in advance of making your reservation and ticket purchase.
We also recommend Starr Companies’ Travel Insurance & Assistance whose customer service representatives can discuss the best travel insurance policy for your upcoming trip. They may be contacted at 866-477-6741 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Links to this or any other insurance company website or other resources are given as a convenience to our customers.